What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. All major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo have primary search results are Importance of SEO for your Website, where web pages and other content such as images, videos, news or local listings are shown. Having a good SEO strategy for your website can make a huge difference in the success of your site. The primary focus and goal of SEO is to naturally gain traffic to your website from searches on the internet for keywords that are relevant to your target market.
A good website has content that is carefully crafted, rich with relevant content, and structured well to be easily read and indexed by search engines. In addition, it is a great way to increase the quality of their web sites by making them user- friendly, faster and easier to navigate. Search engine optimization or SEO in short, is a set of rules that can be followed by website or blog owners to optimize their websites for search engines and thus improve their search engine rankings.
“If you have a web site, blog or online store, Search Engine Optimization can help your business grow and meet the business objectives.”
Importance of SEO for your Website
Search Engine Optimization is “the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results” doesn’t really help you answer important questions for your business and your website, such as: In today’s competitive market, SEO is more important than ever. Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems.
How do you, for your site or your company’s site, “optimize” for search engines?
How do you know how much time to spend on Search Engine Optimization?
How can you differentiate “good” SEO advice from “bad” or harmful Search Engine Optimization advice?
The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 4 or 5 suggestions in the results pages, so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store you need in the top positions.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a way to optimize your website so that search engines will understand it better and give you higher rankings.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site.
- People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo or bing are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ , Linkedin or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site.
- Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way.
- Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework to use before publishing content on the site.
- If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition.